Monday, September 5, 2011

On Dressing Up...

Last night we went to a debut of a family friend and I must say I realized a lot of things. Okay. May times talaga na judgemental ako on how people look and stuff pero kasi minsan hindi mo mapipigilan lang talaga eh. May mga damit lang talaga na sadyang eye-sore lang talaga. So ito na nga, through-out the night, my sister and I scrutinized almost every single guest dun sa debut. Yes. Admittedly I also have my sablay days in dressing up but that rarely happens. Pero seryoso kasi yung iba talaga hindi na talaga forgivable yung suot eh. Anyway, here are some of the things that I realized last night:

1 - Shoes will ALWAYS ALWAYS make or break your outfit. I'm always keen at looking at a persons' shoe. And here's where my obsession for shoes comes, but more than that, it really is the first thing I notice in person, the shoes they're wearing. So obviously, half the time spent people-watching last night was looking at their shoes, and I should say that statement is true. A simple back dress paired with the perfect statement shoes is better than an overrated dress with a poor choice of footwear. And OMG. I do not get why men actually wore chucks to the event. First, its in a hotel and a 5-star hotel at that so please naman, have the decency to wear something that looks kinda formal. 'wag naman yung over-used chucks mo na color red. Mahiya ka naman sa dress code which leads me to my next realization

2 - There's a purpose for dress codes. The debut was a FORMAL EVENT and it was in a HOTEL. Please. If you don't have a gown or something have time naman to look for at least a dress, a simple black dress would do okay, don't go there naman in your shorts and top lang. mahiya ka naman dun sa nag invite. Dress for the occasion at least. I mean if not for the occasion at least for the venue. Tapos ito pa yung winner yung date mo naka jeans lang. OMG. yung totoo, napadaan lang kayo. And and yung given na wala na kayong coat pero 'wag naman kayo magdark jeans lang siguro naman may black pants kayo at may black shoes diba? I guess, we've all been through grade school and high school that asks us to wear black shoes diba? Yesyes, looking good entails sacrifice lalo na if you're not comfortable with black shoes, but its just a night and its for a friend, can't you make that sacrifice, atleast? I mean pinakain ka na nga eh, punta ka naman dun ng presenatble ka sa pamilya at ibang kaibigan ng kaibigan mo. Minsan lang naman eh, minsan lang :) Sorry. It really gets to me kasi when people don't dress up for the occasion ako yung nahihiya for them. And as what I've said there's a reason for dress codes and for you not to follow it is such a disappointment.

3 - This one hindi mashado related to how you look but this ALWAYS ALWAYS get in my nerves, please naman if you're a girl don't let your boyfriend bring your purse for you lalo na pagsuper liit lang naman nung bag mo. At ikaw lalake, please lang, hindi ka magmmukhang gentleman pagginawa mo yun, seriously mukha ka lang tanga na nagbubuhat ng bag ng girlfriend mo. Forgivable pa kung yung bag yung super bigat na backpack or kung training bag or something pero yung hand bag na maliit lang, please naman kung babae ka buhatin mo na yung bag mo. Ano wala ka bang shoulder or even a hand to hold your bag. Gamit mo yun panindigan mo naman yun. Seriously, it just annoys me seeing men whose carrying a sling back.

So there enough of the rants. Would love to post what I wore last night but then the pictures are still with my sister and I'm too lazy to get it from here. So yea.

xoxo
MCV. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment