Wednesday, January 4, 2012

In 2012

Its 2012, and it is just fitting to write about my 'resolutions' as my first blog for the year.

Before I write down my list, it needs to be said that I never do resolutions because I know deep in my heart that none of it will ever be accomplished. I remember that I made a promise to myself to believe in me and I take this to be a challenge. This year I will challenge myself, in  every way possible.

This list is not in order, I'll just write the resolutions that randomly pop in my head.

1 - Be less impulsive. Less impulsive in shopping! I have a problem saving because I'm such an impulsive buyer. I have a ton of clothes because I just buy clothes that I think look pretty on  me not knowing where to wear it. So I have a couple of clothes that I haven't worn, yes with the tags on! To be honest, I do have some clothes that I only have worn just once. I always think that I could wear it again, but if its time for 'dressing up' I already have another set of clothes in mind since that was recently purchased thus its once again pushed to the sides of my closet. And also sa super dami ng damit ko, I run out of hanger and closet space so what I do is, I de-clutter my closet to have hangers and just pile up clothes to be sent to the province. And its not just in clothes, but also with shoes. My shoe closet doesn't have space anymore. Naawa na ako sa sapatos ko please, it needs more space. Okay, this will be the toughest for sure.

2 - Be less judgemental. I take it back, this maybe even harder that the first one. I don't know, but I do seem to always have a say on  people. I know its bad but sometimes, when their clothes are not well put-together it really gives me eye-sore. I mean, I may not be the best dresser, but I would like to believe that I know how to put my clothes together and well. Its just really hard to not comment on them. And yes, I do have a say on everything and sometimes, well most of the time, I think aloud. This is bad really. So yes, I will try to change this. As much I could.

3 - Be less sarcastic. Yes. I will be less sarcastic. But sometimes, one couldn't help it but be sarcastic with stupid questions and reactions, so please do me a favor and use your common sense more often so that it will make things easier for me too. Thanks. Okay this maybe humor for some but others don't handle sarcasm well, and sometimes my comments are too sarcastic that its too realistic and I know it hurts so yea. I will try my best.

4 - Read a book EVERY month. I've been reading books a lot especially since I had been stuck at home for months now, but the thing is, I only read when I'm in the mood and I would like to make it a point to read at least one book every month. There is a pleasure in reading books, especially the really ones you could relate to, it seems like someone else knows how exactly you feel, the words you want to say, the things you want to do. In reading I gain new perspective and it makes me think of things, and I do want to think because I feel mature every time, I think and realize something new.

5 - Be more patient with other people. I am makulet, yes but I don't know, it just annoys me if the person I am talking to is super kaduper kulet. I can't really explain but gets, sometimes OA na lang kasi magreact yung tao, you just wanna shout at their faces and say "OO NA, GETS KO NA PWEDE MOVE ON NA TAYO, OA na eh!"   I don't know, I really have low tolerance on people sometimes I just wanna be alone and there are times I crave to be around people.

6 - Be less 'caring' with people. Okay, this may sound off but seriously, this item could spare me less trouble. I mean I care about the people that are important to me and really, it sucks to care so much especially if they don't want you to care. So yes, if you tweet sad shit on twitter, I will try my best not to ask you, 'what's wrong?' in the past years I realized that if someone needed someone to talk to, they wouldn't tweet their feelings and instead really talk to that person. So ikaw kung nagpapapansin ka lang, please spare me the trouble of thinking what may be wrong with you. Kung nagpapaawa ka at nagpaparining ka lang, also do the world a favor and don't tweet it. I know its emotional release pero naman, if you're not willing to talk about it, don't let others empathize with you. So again I appeal, please help me do this by not letting me know how you feel.

7 - Prioritize. My schedule, my time, my priorities. I mean, I want to do a lot of things, I have different sets of friends and its just hard to like do jumble everything up not to mention my occasional sumpongs of tamaditis. So yea, this year, I promise to make sure I get to meet everyone up. Okay, this is kind of crazy knowing that I don't have a job and yet I seemed so pre-occupied pano na lang kung meron na? Oh well. I shall pray for this one. 

So I guess that's the end of it and while writing this, I thought of the things that I want to do for this year, all general and hopefully I get to fulfill it! This year, I will try more often, learn more things (cultures, trivias, sports etc.) travel to more places, learn some more, eat food that i haven't tasted, go out of my comfort zone, make more friends, meet more people, stray from the norm and the list goes on. And this year, I want to make my life different from what I used to not because this maybe the end of the world, but because I do believe that its time.

So, I just realized that most of the things written here are my resolutions to how I respond to other people. Maybe I have really matured over last year and this year, its time to make it happen. But really what I really prayed for this during the New Years mass is this, to be less indecisive. Yes, I've been more safe than sorry all my life and this year I prayed to God to just give me the courage to go after what I really want, to not mind the what ifs and just take the leap. This will be hard, this will need a lot of prayer, a lot of conversations with God, but hey who wouldn't want to have that right? I know I couldn't do it alone, so yes, this year I will surrender to God's will. He will make my greatest dream come to life and I just can't wait to start this year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment