Saturday, November 24, 2012

Aladdin :)

After a few days of caving in at the house I finally decided, or my body had such a good nights rest that I was able to actually get up and drive and leave the house, to go take a look at the Aladdin The New Stage Musical at the Meralco Theater.



I've always been fascinated with theater productions. Theater has always been the one thing I wish I could be a part of, again. I remember the adrenaline of having to go through everything from stage design, props, to costume, the makeup, the actors, to lights and music and nothing compares to the feeling of seeing it come alive all at once.

I've always fallen in love with stage production especially with the lights. I've always been fascinated by dancing lights and how it creates more meaning, depth and reality into a scene. A wrong lighting could potentially ruin everything. This is what I liked best about the play though, the production was a feast for the eyes. The lights were gorgeous, the sets were also drop dead. Its amazing how they were able to re-create the palace, the street market and yes, even the flying carpet. I could just imagine, jaws dropped when this was happening on stage. I swear, the kid in me was extra giddy, alive and kicking!




This musical has a totally new approach to the story. It has comic reliefs here and there which tied seamlessly to the story itself. It wasn't trying too hard, it was put in places and it wasn't over killed. It was really a joy to watch, the costume, music and set gives off the 'Arabian nights' vibe that the story really asks for.

I never really thought that this story was actually the best story among all of the Disney Princess. Aladdin have these subtle morals injected here and there that both kids and adults could learn from. Its lessons are important in living our own happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment