Monday, November 14, 2011

I'll Do Better Than My Best


Last Saturday my family went to watch Sound of Music at Resorts World. If you haven't seen it yet, you better make time for it. First, because who doesn't love the Sound of Music? I mean seriously?!?! Second, the production is world-class!!! The production design was jaw-dropping, how they actually brought you to each place, each room, the feeling in each scene. And of course the cast was really really and I mean really good. Our Gretl, was super adorable, you just wanna hug her every time she was on stage!!! And our Maria was Joanna Ampil and we had Audie Gemora was our Capt. Von Trapp. Lucky huh? :) anyway, the supporting cast was also good!!! But seriously, go watch it. You won't be disappointed, sa LED pa lang, super sulit na nung bayad mo :)

Sound of Music is one of my most watched VHS tapes when I was younger together with Casper and Parent Trap. When I was watching this when I was around 7 or 8, it was for the music. Do-Re-Mi, My Favorite Things etc. but I didn't realize how moving and touching the story really is, I was holding back my tears the whole the whole time. Sound of Music, reminded me the importance of family, values, love and faith. :)


Mother Abbess: What did you learn from the abbey?
Maria: To accept the will of God no matter how hard it is

I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad
-My Favorite Things

Climb every mountain, search high and low
Follow every byway, every path you know
Climb every mountain, ford every stream
Follow every rainbow, 'til you find your dream
A dream that will need all the love you can give,
Everyday of your life for as long as you live
Climb every mountain, ford every stream
Follow every rainbow, 'til you find your dream!
-Climb Ev'ry Mountain

I've always longed for adventure
To do things I've never dared
Now here I'm pacing adventure
Then why am I so scared?
A captain with seven children
What's so fearsome about that?
Oh, I must stop these doubts
All these worries
If I don't know I just know I'll turn back
I must dream of the things I am seeking
I am seeking the courage I lack
The courage to serve them with reliance
Face my mistakes without defiance
Show them I'm worthy
And while I show them,
I'll show me
So let them bring on all their problems
I'll do better than my best
I have confidence
They'll put me to the test!
But I'll have make them see
I have confidence in me
- I Have Confidence




No comments:

Post a Comment