Monday, November 21, 2011

Nine Months

There are really days that its just so interesting how things unfold in front of your eyes. Earlier today, I heard that one of my cousins gave birth to her child and here's the catch we didn't even know she was pregnant in the first place. Okay, I'm not really sure how many of my relatives is reading this but, I just really have to put words to what exactly I feel.

I've always believed that every child is a blessing. So I was really torn on what I felt upon hearing this news. Wait, I have to remind you that this particular cousin of mine is actually two years younger than me. TWO FREAKIN' YEARS. I've heard teenagers getting pregnant and stuff and if you're one of them I would take my hats off you. You're so strong to go through what you've gone through plus the fact that you stood for what is right, and for that alone you've got my respect. I realized its different when its a family member.

Our family structure is a little different now, I mean, I would love to explain further how things are but really, I don't think its part of your business. We maybe cousins but I have no business with her right now and I don't think I have the right to judge or whatever but the fact remains that I felt hurt not for her but for her dad, for our family. I seriously do not get the logic behind not telling us about all of it?! And the last time we were with her family, it seemed like her dad had wanted to tell my mom/ aunts about it but he can't for reasons no one really knows. I don't even think they'll even show up on Christmas with another baby in their family. I mean really, you really opted for us to know through FACEBOOK and seriously I do know that they know we already know so why not be upfront about it NOW. We maybe all maldita and we maybe have our own say at it at the back of our minds but I think really it would be better if they have told us straight up, sorry parang 'di lang pamilya turing samin eh. Our situation maybe a little different from what it was like a few years back but family will always be family right? 

Through the years many things have changed and that this incident just proved that as much as we are 'bonded' in spirit, seeing each other, being with each other, still feels different. Its still better compared to just being connected via mobile or even the internet. Seeing the person is an assurance of how they really are besides no one can really hide anything if you're all facing each other because you are family and you would know if something bad is going on right? Catching up is always better because you get to talk about so many things from the present-future-past-and back to the future and then back to the present. I always think that at some point we need to be there and I mean really there. 

Time flies and just make everything count, because before you know it everything will just be a memory you would learn from, a turning point in your life. Make sure to ask your family how they are, catch-up with them, try seeing them as often as you could, cherish the moments while you can do things together because before you know it you're too old for it. Do not let life just pass you by but instead you get through life with your family. There really maybe days that you won't get to see each other, not even talk but what's important is picking up where you left of. And just make the most out of the time that you have with them. 


PS. Tonight we had dinner and celebrated the birthday of one of my lolos. We didn't really plan all of this and as soon as we all got the chance to be together and got to talk about everything, we just realized pano kami nalipasan ng panahon. My titas were even asking "o ano, sino na susunod sa inyo" and we were all quiet because none of us there is even in a relationship and then one of my cousins said "wag na kayong magtanong kung ayaw niyo mashock ulit" but seriously today I was reminded of how crazy my family really is. And oh, what a super coincidence we were all together while the Sinag Pilipinas game was on. We weren't really watching (only the dads) but then the older ones kept on talking about Kiefer, talk about family support. :)) 



No comments:

Post a Comment